This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dysfunctional Family


Now, I know you all want me to talk about the true dysfunction that stems from the Dahir side of my family, but I don't have that kind of time. I don't know that you can put that level of dysfunction into words. I will just focus on today's event where my husband took the kids on a bike ride around the block. He let me know, but because I am not the typical multi-tasker, being on the phone with the AmEx people caused me to not hear him clearly. He said something like- Addison is right here in front of you where I delivered her for he safety, and I am taking the other children on a bike ride around the block. I heard something like - kids will be gone, talk freely on the phone, bikes rock, block something or other. All this lead to Addison wandering aimlessly hunting for her daddy in tears throughout our neighborhood. Sigh. I am not sure I am ready for motherhood. Anyone need a good babysitter-keep looking.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww. poor thing. Her...and you. Give yourself a break my friend. She is safe and sound. I MUCH too often don't listen to my children or husband....and it always gets me into some sort of trouble.

Liz said...

Awww...I am trying to be really sympathetic through the laughter. And remember, although poor little squirrel...she is okay, and will block said memory from her mind in approx. 33 hours. (Or when you buy her something shiny) and she will block it for life. Or, at least until she enters counseling. lol

Just be content knowing you live in a safe wonderful neighborhood, and eventually your nerves will recover. (this is when I generally recommend that big fat glass of wine!)

And you are a wonderful mother...I used to lose Gabby...all the time. She would just kinda wander away in crowded places...I still haven't fully recovered from all of the minor heart attacks or strokes.

Love you chickie!!

Erica said...

ready or not here they come and bikes do rock!

TimmyMac said...

Man, that's happened to me too . . . I feel your pain . . . And I have less children to keep track of!

Jeni said...

At least she didn't end up with a Spiderman toy in her hair... That would be unfortunate.

He he he.

scoeyd said...

You know Squirrels...

Jessie said...

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA
i am going to hell cause i can't stop laughing right now

shontell said...

All of your comments cracked me right up.

laura said...

i have to say that was kind of a "dad" maneuver.

kris and mel said...

you're a good mommy. and really--the squirrel is so cynical that anyone who would try to take her would be reduced to tears by her merciless stare. glad you found her. tell her auntie mel loves her and would never lose her.

No(dot dot)el said...

i lost solomon once , he was caught by a friendly older neighbor down the street who when i came frantically running downthe street and around the corner (where my girls 5 and 3 at the time led me to his trail) the old man just smiled and said, "have you lost something?" sheesh. what a great feeling.