This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Home Alone


This weekend, The Man is gone with Papa Shaun and my brother, George, to visit the fish.

Translation: I am home alone with my children and grossly outnumbered! Never the less, I have shopped for a few new home things including a super cute lampshade and new kicks for Sam, Eli, and Addison, sanded, prepped, and painted my piano, stuck to my exercise schedule, shopped for scrap stuff to organize my scrapping area, read a book, read some great reminders in Acts, mastered a new song on the piano, eaten 12 cups of vegetables, vacuumed, cleaned, done some laundry, wrote a paper, created a Power Point presentation, drank 158 ounces of water, ran a mile in 11:30 (my last time was 16:02), and introduced Samuel (along with the others) to the drive in for a little Horton Hears a Who. AND, it is only Saturday. What did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

Jenene said...

OMG...I'm doing really good keeping up with my workout program, even though I've officially transitioned in to the PTA-mom-that-goes-to-convention. I've been listening to the damn bear growl in the water show at Sam's Town since Thursday. I also learned in a seminar that if Ian doesn't get his crap together in the next two years and earn friggin' scholarships, it's gonna cost us about $100,000 to send him where he wants to go for 4 years! I had a GREAT weekend.

How's the earthquakes?

Liz said...

Holy Moly...you did that on Saturday?? You have officially made me sick. lol

you are a powerhouse friend.

shontell said...

Well, I was counting Friday as well Liz. And Jenene, you need to set a budget for your son. His first real dose of adult hood. Good times.

TimmyMac said...

I mowed the lawn for the first time this year and edged it too . . .

I tried to elicit praise from my wife for mowing/edging the lawn for the first time this year . . .

I visited my mom and dad and told them about how I had mowed/edged the lawn for the first time this year . . .

I reminded Grace and Jadon five different times that I had mowed/edged the lawn for the first time this year . . . I told Jadon that one day this would all be his . . . He seemed very excited . . .

I was going to blog about how I had mowed/edged the lawn for the first time this year, but I was too tired from all the day's activities . . .

Unknown said...

um. wow. i like the idea of listing the things i DID get done rather than obsess over the things that I didn't. That is my goal for the week. awesome job bubba!

shontell said...

Gump- I do that regularly. In fact, on one my papers for school, I wrote about my reasons for writing my list of things accomplished each day rather than a to-do list:
1- to show my husband everything I did each day.
2- to have some to throw at him when he says, "what did you do all day?"