This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perspective

Isaiah 43: 2-3

Sometimes I have a difficult time keeping the proper perspective I need in order to make it through the week, day, hour, or even minute. This is one of my favorite bible passages. I have it written on the back of my name plaque I have to display every week in class.

The list of distractions the devil is trying to throw at me is lengthy, and I will save you the time of reading it. I will say that we can still very much use your prayers for peace, wisdom over decisions to come in the next few months, and whatever it takes for us to fully trust God.
When people go through tough times, many times God makes them wait and endure. Sometimes God is teaching them patience.
Other times, like for me right now,
God is asking that I put my mind on my money,
and my money on my mind...nope, scratch that.
He is asking me to put my complete trust in him. I SAY it. I THINK it.
Now he is asking me to show it.
He has called my bluff, and I have been found wanting. sigh. What do I
do to fix it? What now?

Ask for forgiveness.

Read my bible so I can get the direction I need and focus on the right things, not the craziness swirling around me.

Outsource my issues. I read an article recently that compared outsourcing jobs
to India with turning our issues over to God. I like it. I am outsourcing my issues.

Listen and obey.

Relax. This one is a tricker for me. I just can't seem to do it. Grrr.

And, finally, I am working on taking one day at a time. I should go; I feel
a song coming on.....

No comments: