This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dazed and Confused



melancholy

adjective
1. characterized by or causing or expressing sadness; "growing more melancholy every hour"; "her melancholic smile"; "we acquainted him with the melancholy truth"
2. grave or even gloomy in character; "solemn and mournful music"; "a suit of somber black"; "a somber mood" [syn: somber]

noun
1. a feeling of thoughtful sadness
2. a constitutional tendency to be gloomy and depressed



Do you ever have those times when things seem to keep going wrong and you don't know which emotion to act upon so you just sit in a dazed and confused state? That is me today and most of the week. I have been dealt layers of heavy news in the past couple of weeks, and I think my mind is rejecting the next stage of processesing. I keep sitting down to deal with it all, but that doesn't seem to work. I am in limbo; I am not really wanting to deal with any of it, yet I can't seem to concentrate on anything else. Then, I keep feeling like I want to talk to someone, but I don't really have anything to say. I am ready to move on from this season.

8 comments:

Erin S. said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling crappy, friend. But I definitely can sympathize with you on that, and I know that it'll get better. Just keep on praying, and I'll pray for you, too.

Jeni said...

Sorry to hear that things are tough right now. I'll be praying.

TimmyMac said...

Dude, I hear ya . . . I've been there many times . . . hang in there . . .

Jenene said...

Shonse! Don't feel blue!
Think of Tommy and say...
"This Hellmart's open for business, and I'm slashing prices!"

Love you.

Jessie said...

yes.

and you can call me.
i am good for talking.

Jen in Budapest said...

I'll echo Tim...Hang in there, buddy! You're awesome Shontelle.

I just wrote a blog a few days ago about life being SOOO daily. Blah days too...I'm coming to realize life isn't always exciting. There are blah and yuck days and it's o.k.

Oh, and I'll be sure to have crackers to go with the 'cheese' in case it shows up ;0) Love you. I laughed SOO hard.

Liz said...

I'm always good for talking too!! I know how you are feeling, it seems I have been the same way lately...sigh...

No(dot dot)el said...

sorry to hear this a lil too late, you are probably already over it. if not i too am a fabulous listener.