This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Friday, February 01, 2008

I am Ready for Summer


Miss Layla- a beauty even when she is ruffin it

Mike getting in on some nice hot schmoes!


Eli- he is just too big. He was totally in his element!


These pictures are just a glimpse into the goodtimes!


Normally, I try to just enjoy the seasons as they take place. This year, while the snow hasn't been too deep, it is coming too frequently. For about ten days or so the snowshowers have just been on and off, continuously. While I love all the white, as much as I love waking up every morning and snuggling in front of my new fire place, and as much as I love watching my dog go crazy with love in our snow filled backyard, I am tired of being cold. I feel frumpy in my seven layers, and I think I would look slimmer if I could just go out in one shirt at a time. Here are some pictures from last summer's camping trip with our great friends, the Ridges, and our new friends Patrick (or Patlick as Addison called him) and LeAnn. We already have plans to repeat the trip this summer. The best part of it all is this lake is 20 minutes from our house! We can see the mountain every morning when we wake up in our new house. Mo and Jo...get your butts up here! Reno needs you.

9 comments:

laura said...

I am ready for summer too... or at least spring. We must be on the same wavelength... did you read my most recent blog or something?

Jessie said...

mmmm summer.
but then i can't wear my awesome vintage brown velvet coat anymore.... sigh.

Jeni said...

Everyone is posting about warmer weather... I am in agreement! I can't wait... I especially can't wait to buy a normal swimsuit for once. Oh yeah, and corn on the cob. I'm looking forward to that, too.

digapigmy said...

i was just reading your side bar. father of the bride 2? not just father of the bride which is, mind you, bad enough, but the sequel? it is slightly better than cheaper by the dozen 2.

shontell said...

lol. Brent, I don't have time to look through all of your old posts, but I seriously think you have mentioned this very subject already. Because you have never been pregnant, you cannot possibly understand this movie. I will let it slide.

Liz said...

So, I probably shouldn't mention that it is 80 degrees here today and we are going to Sea World, huh? lol
As much as the cold sucks...be glad you actually get to celebrate the seasons...we don't get that here...it's summer or not quite summer all year...and yes that does actually suck because we have no awesome "leaves changing" fall weather, spring when everything gets green again, or winter snow!!! It stays the same the WHOLE time!!!

Erin S. said...

Shontell, I have to agree with Diga on the Father of the Bride II thing. There are much better pregnancy movies out there. Like Rosemary's Baby and that cow-birthing scene from City Slickers. At least you redeemed yourself with a shout-out to The Goonies.

Jenene said...

Nice jugs, Shonse!

shontell said...

ahaaa. you mean nice falsies!! my friend gave me hers for my photo shoot and said I could keep them LOL. Awesome!