This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Don't go Changin'


I am hoping you sang along heh heh. Anyhoo, as so many things have been changing lately, I find myself looking for stability. I feel like I have been in the middle of a long transitional day (almost like Groundhogs Day only without all the repetition). Of course life seems to continue to move with the kids' birthdays all happening, The Man turns another year older, and people post updates on their own blogs. The weird thing is, I feel like I am watching it all through a snow globe. I am not the one doing the shaking, but for different reasons, I am affected. I am working at changing my perspective. The longer I keep this focus, I fear I will find more things that feel out of whack. Instead, I am choosing God's peace. I want to be purposeful with my thoughts, so I am choosing to meet with God each day (as many times as necessary) until he restores my peace. I don't want to miss this time of year. I tend to get a little hectic because I want each of the kids to have a meaningful birthday, plus The Man, plus or anniversary, plus Easter which means a lot around here. I want to be the mom who remembers all those funny stories about her kids. To do that, I need to be available. To be available, I have to be focused. To be focused, I need God's peace. To know God's peace, I need to pray and read my bible. To pray and read my bible, I need to choose. Baby steps onto the elevator. I am IN the elevator. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

I love you just the way you are.

Liz said...

Me too!!! And I know how hard it is an dI just have one!! Happy early anniversary...can you believe 12 years already?!?! jason and mine would be this coming Sunday...sigh. BUT...my mom I know felt the same way (b/c she told me!!) and she would write down every time something funny or crazy happened with us in a notebook or on a piece of paper, and stick it in a manila folder. That way, since she knew she wouldn't remember on her own, she would have them all saved for us and she could look back on them and laugh whenever she need to!

Joelle said...

You are an inspiration to so many my friend. You will get through this busy season and look back on it and laugh. Use your blogg as a place to record those silly memories. Miss you and praying for your peace. Pray for my anger and bitterness please.

shontell said...

Joelle- I love you. That is all that should matter. But since it isn't lol then I will pray for you.
Jess- thanks for loving me. I heart you.
Liz- I love chatting with you in the mornings. And, we are celbrating our 13th!! Can you even believe it!? INSANE!

Jenene said...

Good morning, Phil.