This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Feeling Great in 2008


I am truly a rockstar. Because you all have been catching onto what serious baby steps I need to accomplish any great physical goals, you will understand why I am so excited with my progress. At the beginning of this year I was working out about zero times and could hardly watch someone else exercise without getting worn out. In January I timed myself walking a mile and I checked in at a very sad 19 minutes and some seconds. Tonight I ran a mile in 15:37. Thought I wouldn't make it, but I did. I even stuck it out for a five minute cool down. Now I must shower because stank is eeking from my pits, but I will live you with this week's goal.

This one is awesome and truly all about me. My goal is to paint my toes and nails on Sundays to celebrate my sabbath. I am excited about this one because this gives me something to do just for me. It benefits no one but me. Am I selfish? Answer that when I wake up in the middle of the night to switch laundry for my husband, or make my daughter's lunch for her instead of exercising, homeschool my children and care for those other two instead of eating bon bons and watching my stories all day.

2 comments:

digapigmy said...

i also have begun to paint my nails every Sunday. sometimes you just need to feel pretty.

shontell said...

haha funny Brently. My favorite Idol paints his nails. Strangely appealing, but his hair disturbs me.