This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Things to Do Before I Die (or get too old to do them)

*Graduate from college with at least a bachelors (halfway there and going strong).
*Read all of the books on my "Books I Wanna Read Before I Die" list. There are nearly 250 so far.
*Teach kindergartners to love school.
*Talk and pray with someone to receive Jesus (strangely this has never happened except counting me which doesn't count.)
*Be published as a regularly featured columnist
*Finish my scrapbooks.

*Take the whole of my family of seven on the Disney cruise with spending money.
*Master at least two instruments (preferably piano and the cello)
*Take voice lessons just cause.
*Date my husband regularly to out of town places.
*Become a skilled climber/rappeller/spelunker-er
*See things that may me go "wow!" ( I will cover these in another post as there are many)
*Learn to be compassionate.
*Become neater, but not to the point of freakish like the rest of you.
*Teach at a University or College.
*Save enough money to retire nicely with The Man with the possibility to easily enjoy my children and grandchildren.
*Lose my baby fat and have at least the beginnings of a six pack. I have mastered the pony keg; I think I am ready to graduate from this stage.
*Run/walk a half marathon
*Finish my book and get published.

I am sure there are more, but considering I have graduation as an upcoming goal, I figure should stop procrastinating and get started on my homework.

2 comments:

digapigmy said...

i, too, want to get published. i, unlike you, do not actually write anything.

i would also like to see your list of 250 books.

shontell said...

I will type them up someday in the next year and let you see them. I must warn you, there are plenty of chick flicks. BUT I promise there is not literature regarding Mariah. Although, I know that saddens you.