This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Movie Review


Tonight I watched a movie with The Man, so I am clearly not hitting my 10pm bedtime. Time well spent though.
We watched Michael Clayton. Worth the rent. (Especially because we got the movie from one of those little Red Box renters. Love those guys.) The movie stars George Clooney and a number of other recognizable faces. Though the randomness came in spades, and I am sure I laughed at not-meant-to-be-funny parts, the story was interesting and most of the acting was excellent. And, well, George Clooney (Doug Ross, swoon!) He is definitely on my list of yummies. In fact, he may have moved up a spot because ole Heath pulled a Heath Ledger on us...wait; Jessie that doesn't really work for this situation. Anyway, I recommend the movie, and since I am the movie queen you must listen to me and watch it. Probably not a good purchase because I can't see us snuggling up to it again. My favorite part comes near the beginning when, without explanation, one of the semi-characters is seemingly leaning over a toilet, suddenly notices her pits are sweaty, and reaches her hand in said pit to check out the total situation. I have nothing more to say on that.
I give it 3 and 1/2 stars out of 5.
Swearing was medium to medium well on the steak scale.
Sex was none.
Violence was fairly minor as most violence was implied through interesting cinematography.

4 comments:

Jenene said...

Hmmm...we're still trying to figure out what all the hype was about this movie; however, Dr. Ross DID give a great performance.
So did the White Witch. She was too odd when she won her Oscar, though. Oh, and I always like Sydney Pollack, and not just because he was Will Truman's dad!

I TOTALLY recommend Ocean's 12. We're just now catching up on these sequels. 13's this weekend. Talk about Georgoe Clooney swooning. OH YAH!

digapigmy said...

i guess i can get it, can't say that the review made me feel all happy inside, but the woman will probably like it.

Jeni said...

So did you actually believe George Clooney was a lawyer? Because from the previews I've seen it looks like he's be quite convincing as George Clooney acting like a lawyer and nothing more.

It's kind of like how no matter how attractive some people think Keanu Reeves is, he's still Keanu Reeves. Every role he plays has a touch of surfer boy to it. And when he's playing a surfer, it works great, but the rest of the time, not so much...

shontell said...

Mostly I just can't watch keanu because 1/4 through every movie he turns back in to Bill or Ted or whichever one he was.