This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

For my friend who has chosen hope in the hardest struggle of her life. I love you Marie. Thank you for being a great example of a woman who puts her hope in God. You are my hero. And Baby Patience, you are a beauty with the squishiest, puffiest cheeks I have ever seen. I love you, too. I am comforted to know you are truly held by my Lord. My heart hurts that we did not get to know you longer.


For any of you who want to give to the Lear family, they can use your prayers most of all, but your money is equally as welcomed. Hillside Foursquare Church has set up a memorial fund for the Lear family to help pay for the unexpected medical bills. You can visit www.Hillside4.org to donate to the family.

(I totally stole this Psalm from my sister. I hope she doesn't sue me for plagiarism.)

this morning my heart is hopeful
in you, Lord, will i rejoice
i gaze out my window
and i see the sun
its rays bouncing off the morning frost
it is cold but shortly the sun will melt away the iciness
and so it is with my soul
the light of redemption is breaking
over the horizon
bursting through the darkness of winter
that wants to swallow me
renew me, my God
allow me to rest in your warmth
the road ahead is long, and i will need your strength
but for today
may i simply be warmed by your light.

Psalm #3 by Mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My eyes pour out tears, but my heart, also, pours out hope and strength for Marie and her family! God will sustain us! Thank you for sharing such a trumatic moment that Hope will beat!