This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 12

Mother in laws who live across the country are difficult to shop for. I don't like to guess at presents for people, especially if I don't know them super well. After all, the point of a gift is to say "I love you" not "Here. Here is a present that is vague enough to be liked, even though I don't know you, and cute enough not to be returned." Usually, if I don't have a good idea in mind, I ask. When I asked my MIL, she said she wanted to eat waffles one morning. Hmmm. Not sure how to wrap THAT.
We went to the mall and visited several stores. We left with two tiny presents and one article of clothing. Well, WE left with bellies FULL of Wetzel's Pretzels, both the salted and cinnamon flavors. Win, Win.

No comments: