This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Monday, December 05, 2011

Day 4

I will give you a minute:


Done yelling, blaming, accusing, laughing in my face? Good. Now let me explain.

Sunday. Sunday at our house is the Sabbath. I like it. I try not to do too much work; I try to squeeze in movies and a nap whenever possible. Yesterday, we squeezed in a visit to a new church, which went well, except that three of the seven dwellers of my home were slow going, so we had to sit in crap seats.
Then we squeezed in a few cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies. Then was the running children o'er hill and dale (Those are probably actual street names here in Idaho). Cramming dinner into my face on the way out the door to retrieve those people and assigning things to the children so our house wasn't a total disaster whilst we Sabbath. All that to say, I didn't blog yesterday. I know it. You know it. But now you know why. Also, I was on the last 100 pages of my book and I chose it. over you. I AM SORRY!! Truly.

So, to all you people who made yesterday possible, thank you. The Man, for making dinner. The kids, for cooperating and loving cheesy Hallmark movies. The Pastor, for changing his teaching the night before service to speak directly to my struggling heart. Dave Ramsey, for helping us set our new Idaho budget (well, I want to like you, but frankly you always want me to sell things I love, like that well stacked pile of crap in my garage. That took years of my life that I will never get back. OK, Dave. I see what you are saying.)

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

i wasn't going to yell,laugh, or accuse. Just glad you are back ;)