This Where the Nonsense Turns to Makesense

..A large family working to perfect our sweet skills: Loving others, making an impact, parenting on purpose, living simply, and embracing sarcasm.

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Day 3

Because I failed you by forgetting to post yesterday, I will honor you with two posts in one day.
"Well, this IS a surprise, Clark. This is just a real nice surprise" ~Cousin Eddy, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Apparently, I have critics. I got a text this morning with some feedback on The Blog. It said I should change my picture because the emotion on my face from the previous picture is unsettling. So, here. I changed it to a profile so as to no longer upset people with my face.
My unsettling face and I are now going to crawl into bed, where we wanted to be half hour ago, but The Man wasn't ready. It went like this:
He finished reading his book.
I continued reading.
He got up and went into our bedroom/bathroom.
I stopped reading and started closing up house and turning off lights.
He came out and began playing Words With Friends.
I asked if he was ready for bed, and I mentioned I could keep reading, he could keep WWFing.
He mentioned no thanks, so I found something to do called catch up on my blogging.
Minutes pass, I settle into writing, and he stands and says, "Well, I am off to bed."
"What the freak just happened" (Kid History, Episode 6)

2 comments:

Kari Janacek said...

LOL! I thought this crazy, miscommunication only happened to us couples married for 5 years....it still happens after 15 years (or however long, cant remember, sorry)...he he!! Love your picture...too cute!! Ya gotta give me your address girly so I can mail you a Christmas card. kjanacek73@hotmail.com
NLC: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?.....Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark. Ha, ha love that movie, a classic!! :)

shontell said...

KARI! I will email. You are one of three friends in my life that can recognize a movie quote and finish my thoughts. Oh, how I miss you!